Course Code: IFC003
One of the iF project primer aims is to enable the acquiring of more disciplines in a short term study experience by creating one course that combines several arts and crafts studies organized by the best didactical context for each discipline.
This course is based on different modules. We offer it in 5 different combinations:
1. Italian+ Intensive Art+ Printing: 8 weeks Italian course – 160h, 4 lessons a day 6 week intensive art (painting & drawing/Ancient painting techniques): 20 h a week. (80h) 15.00- 19.00 2 weeks printing: 15 h a week. (30h) 14.00-17.00
2. Italian+ Intensive Art+ Printing: 8 weeks Italian course – 160h, 4 lessons a day 6 week intensive art (painting & drawing/Ancient painting techniques): 10 h a week. (60h) 15.00- 17.00 2 weeks printing: 15 h a week. (30h) 14.00-17.00
3. Italian+ Intensive Art: 8 weeks Italian course – 160h, 4 lessons a day 4 week intensive art (painting & drawing/Ancient painting techniques): 20 h a week. (80h) 15.00- 19.00
4. Italian+ Mural painting (Fresco) or Mosaic: 8 week Italian Language: 9.00- 12.15 8 week mural painting fresco or mosaic: 4 times a week, 10h a week. (80h)
5. Italian+ Mural painting (Fresco) or Mosaic+ Art: 8 week Italian Language: 9.00- 12.15 4 week mural painting fresco/mosaic: 4 times a week, 10h a week: 4 times a week in the afternoon. (40h) Courses Description:
Italian Language: 160 group lessons in the morning 10 grammar lessons a week (from Monday to Friday 09:00-10:30); 10 conversation lessons a week (from Monday to Friday 10:45-12:15);
Drawing & Painting During the drawing course the students will be introduced to the use of various materials such as: charcoal, sanguigna and pencil. As regard to painting: studies include the use of tempera, oil and acrylic colours. By using these various materials, students will learn to interpret the form of still life and figure drawings with live models. They can also work on fully expressing their own ideas or in duplicating an existing work of art. The lessons are taught in Italian and/or in English language.
Ancient Painting Techniques The course introduces the students to the painting techniques practiced between 1300 and 1500. They also study the major art works created during that period by artists from Giotto to Leonardo and Michelangelo. The knowledge gained will be put into practice by the copying of paintings in order for the student to learn the fundamental techniques used; such as egg tempera, gold leaf, oil colors and other materials. The entire process for the realization of complete paintings will start by the preparation of the supports and it will end with the final glazing.
Mural Painting Fresco During this course the students will be introduced to the materials used in the creation of a fresco using the medieval and renaissance technique applied by the old masters. They can also express their own ideas in a sketch using new techniques. The knowledge acquired will be put in use through the execution of one or more paintings.
Mosaic In this course we propose to teach the basic technique of making a mosaic with different materials. For the beginner, we will us ceramic tiles to copy a chosen model. Instead, with the advanced level student, we will use glaze of marble to create an original design. With the knowledge of the basic technique of the traditional mosaic, learned during the course, the student will be able to make, by himself, a mosaic in the classic style.
Printing A personalized workshop. Lessons and guided exercises in printmaking and printing techniques. Suitable for anyone, including those with no basic training, interested in a serious approach to the subject. Non-intensive and repeatable.
Dates: September 5th 2014, October 13th 2014, January 19th 2015, April 13th 2015, June 8th 2015, September 28th
|Enrollment fee||30% of tuition|
|Italian + Intensive Art + Printing||4200 €|
|Italian + semi-intensive Art + Printing||3500 €|
|Italian + Intensive Art||2990€|
|Italian + Mural Painting Fresco/Mosaic||3240 €|
|Italian + Mural Painting Fresco/Mosaic + semi-Intensive Art||3700 €|
|Combinations may be change on request
***Accommodation not included
Enrollment fee – non refundable – The enrollment fee amounts to 30% of tuition. (Will be paid by a bank transfer)
Tuition – The remains of the tuition fee will be paid by a bank transfer 15 days before the beginning of the course. Please send the following to the ISE office by mail for enrollment:
- Completed and signed enrollment form
- Copy of passport or identity card
- Two passport size photos (in digital format)
- Copy of receipt of bank transfer for enrollment fee
- Enrollment form will be sent to candidates by specific request with a serial number.
- The student undertakes to respect each school’s regulations.
- The student agrees to pay the enrollment fee and the tuition fee.
- The student acknowledges the fact that Impara Firenze/schools are entitled to make all the changes they consider appropriate to the study plan.
- Eventual withdrawing must be notified by e-mail or registered letter 30 days before lessons begin. Impara Firenze will retain the entire enrollment fee.
- The student is responsible for any possible damages caused personally to people or things on the property of any one of the schools.
- The student accepts the timetable of the courses and agrees to arrive to lectures on time.
- Any eventual controversy will be under the jurisdiction of the Forum of Florence Italy.